View Issue Details

IDProjectCategoryView StatusLast Update
0028123mantisbtfilterspublic2023-03-23 16:44
Reporterfeid Assigned Todregad  
PrioritynormalSeveritymajorReproducibilityalways
Status closedResolutionduplicate 
Product Version2.5.1 
Summary0028123: "Report" & "Monitored By" in Filters can only choose the administrator if we disable Mantis user to file new tickets
Description

Hi,

after we disabled normal users to file new ticket, please see the setting details in attached picture, in Filter page, "Report" & "Monitored By" can only select administrator, which means none-administrator users can't figure out the mantis reported or monitored by him

Do we have any way to avoid this issue? or it can be a enhancement in future.

Thanks,
Fei

TagsNo tags attached.
Attached Files
Mantis_issue.JPG (85,732 bytes)   
Mantis_issue.JPG (85,732 bytes)   
Mantis_issue2.JPG (36,971 bytes)   
Mantis_issue2.JPG (36,971 bytes)   

Relationships

duplicate of 0006899 new Display all issues across different projects, filter "by reporter" does not work properly 
related to 0019645 new Reporter in advanced filters 
related to 0020221 new filter selection list for users, should account for subprojects the same way as filter does 
related to 0032130 closeddregad If a user is disabled From Manage-Users, this user does not show up in the "reporter" list when filtering 

Activities

dregad

dregad

2021-03-26 13:38

developer   ~0065296

Hello

If you search this bugtracker for filter reporters you will find quite a few similar issues, e.g. 0006899, 0019645, 0020221 just to name a few.

The problem you're facing is actually a known limitation of the system, which builds the selection list based on authorized users (reporters) instead of querying the data from the list of actual bug reporters.

Unfortunately, fixing this is not a trivial change, as this would need to account for a lot of factors to build an accurate list (e.g. private issues, currently selected project, recursively searching subprojects, etc) and the Filter API is a complex beast, which is why this has never really been looked into.

I'm closing this as duplicate, as I don't see the point in keeping yet another issue on this subject.

feid

feid

2021-04-23 04:38

reporter   ~0065425

Hi Dregad,

thanks for the comments , that make sense.
by the way, if it is a known limitation, I also want to confirm is that possible to use "open text field"(which means the filed next to the "apply filter" in filter page) to filter for a reporter?

Thanks,
Fei

feid

feid

2021-04-23 04:38

reporter   ~0065426

Capture.JPG (54,223 bytes)   
Capture.JPG (54,223 bytes)   
dregad

dregad

2023-03-13 12:17

developer   ~0067474

@feid I'm very sorry for the delayed response, I must have missed the notification and never realized that you had reopened the issue with a question.

is that possible to use "open text field"(which means the filed next to the "apply filter" in filter page) to filter for a reporter?

No, unfortunately this will currently only search within standard text fields (summary, description, steps_to_reproduce, additional_information, bugnote_text).