ChangeLog

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

fxm

ChangeLog

Post by fxm »

Hello,

Can somebody tell me how the "changeLog" works ? Which are the criteria for an issue to be taken into account ? Or indicate me where I can found the information.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Kind regards,
François
Narcissus
Developer

Post by Narcissus »

Basically all that is required is that you:
a) have versions associated with your project; and
b) set the 'fixed in version' value when resolving a problem.

I believe that that is all that is required, anyway...
fxm

Post by fxm »

Hi,

Thanks for your explanations, that is exactly what I needed.

But in my case, the resolution has been customized, so It should be interessant to customize the "level" of resolution to be included into the changeLog. The best should be a list of resolution states, an other solution should be to defined a minimum resolution level to be included into this list.

Thanks again for your help,

Regards,
François
vboctor
Site Admin

Post by vboctor »

You need to customize the implementation of the custom function below. See the manual for more details about how to customize custom functions.

Code: Select all

# --------------------
	# Checks the provided bug and determines whether it should be included in the changelog
	# or not.
	# returns true: to include, false: to exclude.
	function custom_function_override_changelog_include_issue( $p_issue_id ) {
		$t_issue = bug_get( $p_issue_id );

return ( ( $t_issue->duplicate_id == 0 ) && ( $t_issue->resolution == FIXED ) &&
			( $t_issue->status >= config_get( 'bug_resolved_status_threshold' ) ) );
	}
Migrate your MantisBT to the MantisHub Cloud
fxm

Post by fxm »

Thanks for your help ...

It is exactly what I want.

Many thanks,
François
efi

Post by efi »

We have our mantis up and running for a few months now. Today I was curious what the change log would tell me about the work that has going on. To my surprise, the changelog was empty, even though there are dozens of projects (some still open, some fixed). Searching in Google told me, that I can overwrite "custom_function_default_changelog_include_issue". So I did and just returned "true" in this function, hoping it would bring up every project. None at all. Next thing I tried, was to change the SQL in "changelog_page.php" - removing the "AND fixed_in_version='$c_version'". That didn't do a thing for me either. Then I was curious if "changelog_page.php" is getting called at all - I put on purpose a typo error into the mentioned SQL statement - and it just kept on working as if nothing happened. So I'm assuming "changelog_page.php" is not called at all. Now I'm totally lost, I don't know where to start. Google always brings me back to the things I already tried.

Why isn't there a page like "Show me everything that has changed in the last ... days/weeks"? We're putting notes into our projects on Mantis on the way towards to the "fixed" state. These notes give everyone a hint that the assigned person is working on it and is (hopefully) making progress. This progress we would like to see in the changelog - not only the "fixed" ones or depending on any other state.
fxm

Post by fxm »

Hello,

In order to be summarized in change log an issue must:
1) have a "fixed in" version
2) fullfill some conditions (resolution fixed, not duplicated, status in a minimum state)

If you want to customized your change log, open the core/ custom_function_api.php file and you will find the custom_function_default_changelog_include_issue function. Adapt it as you need.

Regards,
François