Sponsoring issues in Mantis

General discussion of Mantis.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

vboctor
Site Admin

Sponsoring issues in Mantis

Post by vboctor »

There were several questions on IRC and some confusion in the bugtracker with regards to how sponsorship works. I will attempted to clarify this via the mini-FAQ posted below:

http://www.futureware.biz/blog/index.ph ... &tb=1&pb=1

Regards,
Victor
MantisConnect
http://www.futureware.biz/mantisconnect
illes

Re: Sponsoring issues in Mantis

Post by illes »

I would like to know how can I pay my sponsorship fees for Mantis itself. 8O
Searched for it, but couldn't find it.
vboctor
Site Admin

Post by vboctor »

Please use the Contact Us page to discuss:
http://www.mantisbt.org/contact_us.php
Migrate your MantisBT to the MantisHub Cloud
BAMaustin

Post by BAMaustin »

Is there going to be a "Not for all the tea in China" feature for Administrators? It would be good for those issues that are in direct conflict with the Project mission statement where you don't want users to become more frustrated by Sponsoring to No-Effect?

That NFATTIC flag could just cause the sponsoring control to be hidden on that issue.
Brian McCullough
DistrictSupport.com, Inc.
Austin, Texas
vboctor
Site Admin

Post by vboctor »

I think if the administrators don't want an issue to be implemented in the product, then they should resolve the issue as won't fix. We haven't been doing this in our bug tracker since some of these bugs seems to have a group of people who are interested in the feature and typically use that to share their own custom patches. However, I agree that at least the administrators should make their intentions clear via notes or resolving as won't fix.
Migrate your MantisBT to the MantisHub Cloud
BAMaustin

Post by BAMaustin »

vboctor wrote:I think if the administrators don't want an issue to be implemented in the product, then they should resolve the issue as won't fix. We haven't been doing this in our bug tracker since some of these bugs seems to have a group of people who are interested in the feature and typically use that to share their own custom patches. However, I agree that at least the administrators should make their intentions clear via notes or resolving as won't fix.
Basically, this sounds like having a resolution threshhold setting that does similar things as the $g_enable_sponsorship, except that it would be on a per bug basis rather than system-wide. That sounds like a great way to flag Mantis to not show Sponsorship in the BugView. Is it in the wishlist?

Looking at the list of Resolutions below, it seems reasonable to hide Sponsorship options for any Resolution below "Reopened". Although having users sponsor "Suspended" issues (which I interpret as a 'Backburnered with some progress' - slightly different from Deferred) would make sense too. Actually, showing the Sponsorships on the 'Fixed' could encourage more sponsoring. But mostly I'm interested in a way to suppress sponsorship displays on resolutions of "Won't Fix" so that it doesn't undermine use of the Sponsorship system.

:idea: Although looking at the possible resolutions leads me to wonder if changing the Resolution to "duplicate" shouldn't automatically send a private message asking if users want to transfer their Sponsorships to the other issue. That would give them a chance to object if the sponsored issue ISN'T a true duplicate but merely related.

Resolution:
- open
- fixed
- reopened
- unable to reproduce
- not fixable
- duplicate
- no change required
- suspended
- won't fix
Brian McCullough
DistrictSupport.com, Inc.
Austin, Texas
calieigh

Post by calieigh »

* Register (make sure you are registered and your email is valid)
* Login
* Visit the issue you want to sponsor (view.php)
* Go to the "Users sponsoring this issue" section.
* Type in your sponsorship amount in the currency specified.
* Click Sponsor (note that there will be no confirmation).
haltkn

Post by haltkn »

Can google adwords be used with Mantis loaded?
ecoimp0211

Post by ecoimp0211 »

If once the account is deleted, Is there any issues or actions associated with such account.Can you please help.