Custom fields do NOT work

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

Reinder

Custom fields do NOT work

Post by Reinder »

When I create a custom field, I says succeeded, but I do'n't see the field and it's not in the list of custom fields (there is notheing in that list). Why does it not create a custom field???
Benny

Post by Benny »

I have the same problem, although I do know that a field is actually created in the db-tables (you can check this out by trying to create a customfield with the same name twice).

I found a supposed work around for the problem on this forum, but it doesn't work for me, unfortunately... This is it:
I found a workaround in the bugtracker (issue 0005696).
Below the workaround I had applied:
In CORE/, edit the custom_field_api.php file.
Line 628: add to the FROM condition "$t_custom_field_project_table as cfpt" (ie you should have: FROM $t_custom_field_table as cft, $t_custom_field_project_table as cfpt).
Then comment the line 629: JOIN $t_custom_field_project_table as cfpt on cft.id = cfpt.field_id.

Post by Guest »

I've just checked the tables and the entered fields are there. So I can manually link them to the correct page. However, I want a dropdownlist with choices (multiselection list). But how do I enter the multiple selections? Not by enetring them in the possible values field seperated with , or ;

How can I have an extra drop down list?
smile9

Post by smile9 »

Same here... I changed custom_field_api.php but it does not work.
Reinder

Post by Reinder »

My biggest problem now is how to create a drop down list with multiple entries ! Where do I configure this ??? And how...
corseman

Post by corseman »

Hi,

If you want a drop-down list with multiple entries,
1. create a custom field
2. In the field "type" select "enumeration" or "Multiselection list" (depends of what you want exacly).
3. In the "Possible value" field, enter the value you want to be displayed, separated by | (eg: test1|test2|test3)
4. fill in the other option.

hope this will help you.

Corseman

Post by Guest »

Very nice, but what custom fields still don't work here.... Any suggestions?
illes

Update

Post by illes »

Anonymous wrote:Very nice, but what custom fields still don't work here.... Any suggestions?
Update to the latest CVS version, this bug was solved.
0005712: Entered custom fields are not stored into the database at status change
http://bugs.mantisbt.org/view.php?id=5712 [^]
--
Fixed in CVS. Added optional CFs displayed at resolve or close to bug_update.
bug_update.php -> 1.86

Post by Guest »

This seems to be a fix to bug_update.php, regarding data not being saved when the status is changed, while my problem is that the custom field isn't shown in the first place: The field that's created doesn't show in any screen, including the custom field overview itself.
patrick

Post by patrick »

I am having the same problem. I just installed v1.0.0a3 and when I create a new custom field it shows up in the database but nowhere else. If I try to create another custom field with that same name it throws an error because it already exists. I am going to take a look at the database calls made from manage_custom_field_page.php and see why it is not getting any data.
thraxisp
Developer

Post by thraxisp »

This bug was also fixed recently. See #5696.
klausing

How to assing custom field to a project

Post by klausing »

OK with this fix i can see costum fields. but how can i assign such a field to a project.

I can create costum fields but i cant assign it to an project ? I dont find a way.
If i create a costum field i set "Display When Reporting Issues " and "Required On Report " but i cant see it if i create a Reporting Issue.
klausing

Post by klausing »

sorry i forgot:
last mantis version a3 php4 mysql?

In my SQL table and in costum page overview i can see the created costum message but thats all
klausing

Post by klausing »

... THANKS i found it in the Manual .... http://manual.mantisbt.org/

SORRY !!!
alexd

Post by alexd »

I can't work out how to upgrade using the CVS releases, can anyone point me in the right direction?