Project docs disappear after upgrade to rc2

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

Woefdram

Project docs disappear after upgrade to rc2

Post by Woefdram »

Today I upgraded from 1.0.0rc1 to rc2 and everything seemed to be fine, until one of my users noticed that all docs added to all projects were gone. I couldn't find the cause (or the solution), so I downgraded to rc1 again and everything was back to normal.

I always upgrade in the same way: extract the new version, find differences in default config and language files, apply customisations to the new version, take Mantis offline, backup database, execute the update thingies on the admin page and then point Apache to the new version.

Before I upgraded, I checked what had changed in the default config files. Nothing, really, so I just copied my rc1 config files into my rc2 dir, expecting to have exactly the same configuration in rc2 as I had in rc1. I assume that I overlooked something, but I don't have a clue as to where to look...

I hope someone can give me a hint...

Thanks,

Hans
strathmeyer

Post by strathmeyer »

Do you store the files on disk or in the database? ($g_file_upload_method in the config.) If they're stored on disk, you'd need to copy those over, too.
Woefdram

Post by Woefdram »

I keep my files on disk in a seperate directory. That way I don't have to copy them every time I do an upgrade. I made that mistake twice in the past :)

Greetings,

Hans
Ted

Post by Ted »

I noticed the same problem, but can't recall if I had the same problem with rc1.
I can, however, see the documents if I log in with a manager account, but the documents don't show up if I log in as an administrator. A manager and an administrator both can upload and view document.
Maybe you can try to log in as a manager to see if the documents show up and we have the same problem. If so, I think we have a bug on our hands... :)
Woefdram

Post by Woefdram »

Hi Ted,

That was a nice suggestion. I tried it with all levels of users we have here and found out that both manager and administrator can't see the documents, but other users can. Must be a problem in the access levels. I'll investigate further :)

Greetings,

Hans
Joe Trewin

Post by Joe Trewin »

Hi,

I've fixed this in my version (1.0.0rc2) (until there's a real patch) by editing proj_doc_page.php, and altering:

( pult.user_id = $t_user_id AND pult.access_level $t_access_clause )

to

( (ut.access_level >= 70) OR (pult.user_id = $t_user_id AND pult.access_level $t_access_clause )) )

This allows access for manager and above - not thoroughly tested, but seems to work well enough for now.
fedex

Post by fedex »

Good. Thanx!
Dell Laptops
ShawnEvans

I did what Joe suggested

Post by ShawnEvans »

I did what Joe suggested and it works for me too... is this going to be patched or fix? I know it works, but I really hate using glue.

( (ut.access_level >= 70) OR (pult.user_id = $t_user_id AND pult.access_level $t_access_clause )) )

-Shawn