corresponding values in custom fields

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

strathmeyer

corresponding values in custom fields

Post by strathmeyer »

Is it possible for Mantis to detect and reject custom field choices? For example, if you had state and region custom fields, could you somehow assure that the user could only supply a state that was in the corresponding region?

I don't suppose this is currently doable, but would such functionality be wanted or upcoming?
Narcissus
Developer

Post by Narcissus »

I bumped my code around a bit and added a 'verification' function for custom fields.

It works the same way as population functions in that you write the code and Mantis will call that function when attempting to record the issue. If the call fails (and the field is mandatory) then the report gets rejected.

Although I haven't looked at the code for a fair while I don't remember that it would be possible as it stands to take one field and verify against another but I daresay the code could be hacked up a little to do that, yes.

Maybe in the future we could add a 'matrix' custom field that uses Javascript to populate options for field Y based on the current selection in field X (all on the fly, before actually reporting the issue).

BTW, if you think what I have done is usable let me know. To be honest, I probably won't do anything with it until post 1.0 stable release but I hope to get this in to the main branch afterwards.