Table of Contents
- Activity (v2) Shows bug notes by creation date
- Announce (v2) - lets privileged accounts create and post announcements
- Automatic linking (v1) to MediaWiki and ViewVC from Mantis
- Calendar (v2) Adds the task scheduling function in MantisBT based on the calendar of events with the possibility of one-way synchronization with Google Calendar.
- codev (v1) (v2) CodevTT - TimeTracking and ProjectManagement on MantisBT
- Colorized (MantisBT-Colorized) (v1) another theme for Mantis
- csv-import (v1) (v2) import bugs with a CSV file
- CustomReporter Plugin (v1) allows the selection of a Reporter from a selection list
- DatabaseCleanup (v2) Remove old issues based on age and status
- Eannounce send emails to users of a project with a given profile
- EasyEnter (v2) slim down the bug report page to make it more accessible for unexperienced users
- eventlog (N/A)
- faq (v1)
- FilterBugList filter by a given list of bug IDs
- GaugeSupport Voting for tickets
- Holidays MantisBT plugin to handle user absence
- InlineColumnConfiguration Plugin Easy configuration of the available columns in the view issues page
- inline-history Show issue history entries interleaved with bug notes
- jabber-notify (v1)
- jQuery-UI access to the jQuery UI library in a single dependency
- JqueryChosen Support the Library Chosen to MantisBT (Chosen is a library for making long, unwieldy select boxes more friendly.
- Kanban (MantisKanban)
- Motives allows privileged accounts to add bonuses and fines for users
- PastePicture Paste print screens directly into MatisBT issue reporting(details) page
- piwik Piwik analytics integration
- product-matrix Product versions independent of projects, tracking multiple product and version statuses for each issue
- SampleAuth sample authentication
- ScheduledTickets (MantisScheduledTickets)
- SimpleSAMLphpAuth Authentication plugin for SimpleSAMLphp
- Snippets Define snippets of text that can be easily pasted into text fields
- Taskodrome Interactive scrum board
- traceability test management
- This list has been sorted alphabetically. Plugin names that begin with the name Mantis are not under M but under the specialty name of the plugin. For example, MantisStats is under S.
- The above list is by no means exhaustive. We are not aware of every available plugin.
- If you authored a plugin which is not referenced here, please post a note to the Forum Plugins Section to let us know.
- Plugins that were last updated prior to 2015 have intentionally not been listed here, as they are likely to be v1 only.
- References to MantisBT release (v1) (v2) or (v1&2) are not certain, but information/assumptions made from viewing the code. A missing MantisBT version indicator only indicates we are not certain of the exact release and it may be updated later. Please let us know of updates or corrections.
- (N/A) indicates there is no information available for the plugin
- If you have questions about a plugin, please contact the plugin author and/or post a note to the Forum Plugins Section. MantisBT core developers may not be able to help with a specific plugin unless they themselves maintain it.
- There is no guarantee that any plugin here is complete or functional.
- There is no guarantee of any kind for any of this Free and Open Source Software.
- Use at your own risk.
Where to find the plugins
MantisBT plugins can be found at https://github.com/mantisbt-plugins.
More plugins can be found at http://www.mantisbt.org/bugs. Typically they are stored as issue attachments using own projects (look at projects starting with “Plugin -”) or project “mantisbt” and category “Plugins”.
Ask in the Forum Plugins Section for existing software, and/or please consider motivating someone to create or modify a plugin for you.
How to install a plugin
A plugin is simply a directory with files in it. To install one:
- Download and unzip the plugin files to your computer
- Upload the plugin directory and the files it contains files under <yourMantisRoot>/plugins
- In MantisBT go to page Manage > Manage Plugins. You will see a list of installed and currently not installed plugins
- Click the Install link to install a plugin.
WARNING: some plugins require patching MantisBT's core to operate (e.g. to add new Events). Please note that such changes are neither recommended nor supported by the MantisBT team, as they potentially introduce bugs and/or incompatibilities with future versions. Use such plugins at your own risk!
The GitHub mantisbt-plugins organization
Hosting a new plugin
If you have authored a new Plugin and would like to have it hosted in our GitHub mantisbt-plugins organization, here is the simple process to follow:
- If you don't have a GitHub account yet, sign up, it's free.
- Make your request by either
- Please include the following information in your message:
- a link to the repository (we usually review the code before including it in the Organization)
- the plugin's name and a short description (if not provided, we'll use the information in the source code, i.e.
- the list of people who should have push access to the new repository (i.e. their Github user IDs), including yourself
- If the plugin is a GitHub public repository that you own
- If the plugin is not yet on GitHub (e.g. hosted elsewhere or a local repo)
- We will
- Create a blank repository
- Setup access rights
- Notify you by e-mail when it's done
- Clone the new repository
- Commit and Push your changes
This section describes how to manage the teams in the organization; it is targeted at the organization's owners.
When adding a new plugin
- Name it after the plugin being added, i.e. Plugin XXXX
- Grant permissions
- When transferring an existing GitHub repo, select Push, Pull and Administrative
Note: Admin rights are required to transfer ownership, so they will be granted temporarily and removed afterwards
- When creating a new plugin (blank repo), select Push & Pull
- Add members
- Add the repository
- Grant the core-developers team access to the repository
When transferring ownership of an existing repository
Follow the steps above, skipping 1, 6 and 7. Then, once the original owner has completed the transfer,
- Revoke Administrative access from the Plugin XXXX group
- Perform step 7